9.16.2009

You win some you lose some.

Well it has been a week and what progress have I made so far?

1) I want to be organized and put together. Both at home and work. Currently the house is a disaster, my desk at work is a mess and I look like a 45 year old woman, and I am not quite 28.

I bought some new clothes this weekend, some new potions for my skin. I put earrings in and have been wearing some lip gloss on in the morning. I feel better about myself....just a few changes. I am also getting my hair cut for the first time in 2 years tomorrow.

2) I want to be able to focus on what I am doing not worrying about every other task in my head. Sitting and writing this is hard because I have 10 other ideas of things I want to do.

B and I have a spreadsheet on google documents with our 3 goals for the day at both home and work and our goal for the week. The first day it kept me focused, yesterday not so much and today it remains to be seen. I like the idea though, to only have a few things to worry with instead of all the clutter in my head.

3) I want to improve myself. Not only be more put together and look better, but to put time into what I enjoy. I would like to explore my faith/ beliefs, work on scrapbooks, get back into cooking, and maybe find some type of exercise that makes me have more energy

See #1 I want to get the house picked up and start doing yoga again. I am debating going to a knitting group at church.

4) I want to save more, spend less and not feel deprived. I am trying very hard to reduce our frivolous spending so we can pay off bills and live the life we want. I really need to sit down with B and discuss this with him.

Really need to work on this. Currently I am the only voice of reason when it comes to spending money, and I am easily swayed by B. I need to sit down and discuss our goals, I keep putting it off because B tends to get defensive. This is imperative it happens; we have car repairs and possibly owe taxes this year.

5) I want to be more on the ball at work. I lack focus and tend to get side tracked. Luckily due to some situations at work, things are slow. I feel like I am just sliding by. Needing to find a new job may still be a very real possibility in the next year. I have slacked since getting pregnant. Perhaps feeling accomplished at work will give me the energy I need to stay motivated in the evenings.

#1 addresses this

6) B and I need to find time for each other. He has been very affectionate and sweet lately. It has been nice. I still find myself trying to find reasons to be angry with him. That is not good.

We are back in roommate mode. It is not fun. I miss B. He is just a grouch, but he tends to get this way when the seasons change. Something needs to change, but I don't even know where to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment